Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:55 pm Post subject: 2 PET 1:1-11 BUILDING BLOCKS FOR CHRISTIAN LIFE
BUILDING BLOCKS FOR AN EFFECTIVE AND FRUITFUL LIFE
I. IF WE DO DEVELOPE THE EIGHT CHARACTERISTICS
THEN GOD WILL DO THE FOLLOWING: VERSE 8-9
1. HELP US KEEP GROWING IN KNOWLEDGE OF HIM
2. ELECTION CALLING IS SURE
3. NEVER FALL
4. RECEIVE A RICH WELCOME IN HEAVEN
5. BE WITH JESUS CHRIST OUR SAVIOR FOREVER
II. IF WE DON'T DEVELOP THESE WE WILL BE
3. NEARSIGHTED INTO BLINDED
III. NOW GOD WANTS TO HELP US VERSES 3-4
1. GOD WILL GIVE US EVERYTHING WE NEED
FOR LIVING SPIRITUALLY AND GODLY
2. HE HAS ALSO PRECIOUS PRO9MISES SO WE
CAN PARTICIPATE IN HIS DIVINE NATURE
AND ESCAPE CORRUPTION.
IV. HERE'S OUR PART WITH HARD WORK AND DILIGENCE
TO DEVELOPE THESE EIGHT CHRIST LIKE TRAITS.
1. FAITH A commitment to God, His demands and promises.
Believe and live the Word of God.
Romans 4:16 So that's why faith is the key! God's promise is given to us as a free gift.
2 Cor. 13:5 Examine yourselves to see if your faith is really genuine. Test yourselves. If you cannot tell that Jesus Christ is among you, it means you have failed the test.
2 Thes. 1:3 Dear brothers and sisters, we always thank God for you, as is right, for we are thankful that your faith is flourishing and you are all growing in love for each other.
James 1:3 For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.
James 2:26 Just as the body is dead without a spirit, so also faith is dead without good deeds.
1 Peter 1:7 These trials are only to test your faith, to show that it is strong and pure. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—and your faith is far more precious to God than mere gold. So if your faith remains strong after being tried by fiery trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed
to the whole world.
2. VIRTUE Excellence of character lilving the Christ like with courage,being real, goodness. Courage, fortitude, justice, enables us to live, stand, profess our faith before others.
3. KNOWLEDGE Understanding and mental acuteness of mind. Ability to use what
Philip. 4:8 Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
Philip. 1:9 I pray that your love for each other will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in your knowledge and understanding.
Ephes. 1:17 ... asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you might grow in your knowledge of God.
Matthew 13:12, Romans 1:19, Romans 11:33, 2 Cor. 8:7
4. SELF-CONTROL Sober, moderate, proper and limited use of life. Proper restrait.
Live Christ life. Take a girpe of oneself. Fight lust, laziness, stiff neckedness, anger and pride.
2 Peter 1:6 Knowing God leads to self-control. Self-control leads to patient endurance, and patient endurance leads to godliness.
5. PATIENCE Bearing trials and troubles and an even mind. Trust in the Lord no matter what for you know He has the whole world in His hands which includes you. Change the letters after the "t" of "trouble" to "TRUST" and wait on the Lord and be patient. Turn whatever happens into, "...all things work together for good."
Romans 15:5 May God, who gives this patience and encouragement,...—each with the attitude of Christ Jesus toward the other.
Galatians 5:22 But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us: .... patience...
Col. 1:11 We also pray that you will be strengthened with his glorious power so that you will have all the patience and endurance...
Col. 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people whom he loves, you must clothe yourselves with ... patience.
Hebrews 6:12 Instead, you will follow the example of those who are going to inherit God's promises because of their faith and patience.
6. GODLINESS A deep reverent piety toward God. Totally constantly, worship God. Serve others know they are God's. Right relationship with God and all humans.
2 Peter 1:6-7 Knowing God leads to self-control. Self-control leads to patient endurance, and patient endurance leads to godliness.
 Godliness leads to love for other Christians, and finally you will grow to have genuine love for everyone.
Matthew 10:41, 1 Tim. 5:4
7. KINDNESS Caring concern for God's people reveal in acts of kindness. A genuine warmth because we really care. Knowking all Christians are in the family of God and we must love them all for it is command and because the love of Christ and God flow more freely in us when it flows through us.
2 Cor. 6:6 We have proved ourselves by our purity, our understanding, our patience, our kindness, our sincere love, and the power of the
Col. 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people whom he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility,
gentleness, and patience.
2 Tim. 1:9 It is God who saved us and chose us to live a holy life. He did this not because we deserved it, but because that was his plan long before the world began—to show his love and kindness to us through Christ Jesus.
2 Tim. 1:18 May the Lord show him special kindness on the day of Christ's return.
Titus 3:4 But then God our Savior showed us his kindness and love.
8. CHARITY Love for all the people of all the world. Letting God's and Christ's love flow through us to others in actions and as well as words.
1 Cor. 13:1 If I could speak in any language in heaven or on earth but didn't love others, I would only be making meaningless noise like a loud gong or a clanging cymbal.
1 Cor. 13:4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud
1 Cor. 13:13 There are three things that will endure—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love. [14:1] Let love be your highest goal, but also desire the special abilities the Spirit gives, especially the gift of prophecy.
1 Cor. 16:14 And everything you do must be done with love.
Col. 3:14 And the most important piece of clothing you must
wear is love.Love is what binds us all together in perfect harmony.
1 Peter 4:8 Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.
2 Peter 1:7 Godliness leads to love for other Christians, and finally you will grow to have genuine love for everyone.
Rev. 2:19 "I know all the things you do—your love, your faith, your service, and your patient endurance. And I can see your constant improvement in all these things.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum