Sermon in Song
Seasonal
   Services
Daily Devotion
Recommend Us
Submit Services
Stats

Who's Online

There are currently, 43 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

MySite.com :: View topic - STRONG HYMNS FOR TOUGHT TIMES SECTION TWO
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STRONG HYMNS FOR TOUGHT TIMES SECTION TWO

View previous topic :: View next topic  
honary

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:29 am    Post subject: STRONG HYMNS FOR TOUGHT TIMES SECTION TWO Reply with quote

GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU
A boy?s faith brought a wonderful hymn that has blessed many lives. The boy?s father was a well- known evangelist and he was to go and preach. His wife had planned to go with him but Sunday morning she woke up seriously ill. His dad decided to cancel his preaching engagement.
The boy said to his father, ?Father, don?t you think that if God wants you to preach today, that God will take care of Mother while you?re away?? Returning that evening, after seeing several people saved, his dad found his wife doing much better and she had written the words to this hymn which came from the boy?s statement. Daddy sat down and composed the music, and we are going to sing it?God Will Take Care Of You.

THE RESULTS FROM?.GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU
He was becoming a very, very rich man. Because of his great plans and hard work he had develop a business with stores in many of the large cities of America. But then the depression happen. People had no jobs, so they had no money, so they had no food and no place to stay, and for sure they had no money to spend in his stores.
He became burdened, under great tension, and worried about going bankrupt.
Suddenly, he had shingles over his entire body and the tranquilizers and drugs only made it worse. The hospital couldn?t help him and he wanted to die.
One morning he heard a hymn coming from the chapel and the words just drew him there. He went and listened to the song and the scriptures that were used and suddenly he came from the darkness of the dungeon into the warm of a brilliant sunlight.
Sing the hymn with me?make it personal for everything in your life!
GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU.
The man went back to his room with no pain or itching. And soon he was out of the hospital and you know his company recovered for he was J. C. Penney.

HE KEEPS ME SINGING
MONOLOGUE

I will never have my wife with me as I grow old. I will be by myself.
I will never get to watch my three sons grow older, there will be no graduations, or marriages.
I will not be doing their weddings or getting to hold their children, my grandchildren.
No, it is over. Here?s what happen.
I was due to preach at a revival, so my wife and three boys wanted to stay with my wives parents, their grandparents whom they loved. So, I dropped them off and headed for the town where I would preach.
Well, one night, the neighbor who lived next door to my in-laws, their bedroom began to glow. He got up and looked out of the widow and there my in-laws home was in flames. My wife and three boys all died. Then I received the message that changed my life, we are alive.
After much time I began to claim these two scriptures, with many more. (Read Ps 55:22 and 1 Pet 5:7) God gave me a song, let?s sing it!

HIS EYE IS ON THE SPARROW
Mrs. Cililla Marten was inspired to write the words to this great hymn which has encourage untold numbers of people. She went to visit her bedridden dear friend, which she did all the time. She was unable to leave her home and very seldom did she get out of the bed. But,
Every time she entered her room there she was with the warmest God filled Christ inspired smile. Her friend had the joy of the Lord in her. One day Mrs. Marten ask her, ?how can you always be so happy, yes, every time I come??

IMMEDIATELY SHE ANSWERED, "HOW CAN I BE DISCOURAGED WHEN MY HEAVENLY FATHER WATCHES OVER LITTLE SPARROW SO I KNOW HE LOVES AND CARES FOR ME!" Mrs. Marten sat down and in very few minutes she had written this song we will sing,
His Eye Is On the Sparrow.

I MUST TELL JESUS
The scriptures have inspired many songs. 1 Pet 5:7 "...cast your cares on Him for He cares for you." Psalm 55:22 "Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you..." What hymns do these passages remind you about?

The writer's young wife died. He pastored a small churches and worked with the poor. One day he met a depressed destitute women who seemed to be beyond cure. She opened her heart to him and poured out her sorrow. "What shall I do? What shall I do?" she cried out. Because of the sorrow he had experienced he knew what she must do so he told her, "You cannot do better than to take all your sorrows to Jesus. You must tell Jesus." Suddenly her face lite up and she cried out, "Yes, that's it. I must tell Jesus."

These words echoed in Pastor Hoffman heart and he because to write the song, I Must Tell Jesus. He also blessed us with "What A Wonderful Savior," Down at the Cross," "Are You Washed in the Blood," Leaning On the Everlasting Arms," and hundreds more.

We are going to sing one verse, stop, you write down on the bulletin what you need to tell Jesus. We will sing another verse and stop, you do the same. And again after the last time we will take time to write down more of what the Holy Spirit directs you to write down. We will then have a prayer time, then you bring what you have written and put it in the paper shredder as a step to cast everything on Jesus. LEAVE IT WITH HIM!

I SURRENDER ALL
WHAT IN YOUR LIFE KEEPS YOU FROM DOING ALL OF GOD'S WILL? Is it spiritual, moral, physical, mental, what is it? Maybe you have fought the fight with God about complete surrender as did Judson W. Van De Venter, or yours is the fight of letting Christ live out through you day by day. Either one is God defying! God has people who He needs you to influence. He has ministry for you, and you alone to do!

For years, Judson fought God about full time service. Finally, he fell to his knees and said, "Lord, if you want me to give my full time to Your work, I'll do it, I Surrender all to Thee." Those words echo in his heart and mind for years and he finally wrote the hymn. Later in his life he moved to Tampa and began to teach hymnology at Florida Bible Institute. He also spoke at the chapel where students always set wide eyed listening to him and hearing God speak.

One of the student latter wrote, "One of the evangelist who influenced my early preaching was also a hymnist who wrote, I Surrender All", the Rev. J. W. Van De Venter. He was a regular visitor at the Florida Bible Institute in the late 1930's. We students loved this kind, deeply spiritual gentleman who often gathered us in his winter home for an evening of fellowship and singing."
How would you like to influence the next Billy Graham? That is what he did!!
Surrender all and do what God had planned for time began and only you can do!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MySite.com Forum Index -> Hymn Story Dramas All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: