Sermon in Song
Seasonal
   Services
Daily Devotion
Recommend Us
Submit Services
Stats

Who's Online

There are currently, 44 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

MySite.com :: View topic - STRONG HYMNS FOR TOUGH TIMES THREE
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STRONG HYMNS FOR TOUGH TIMES THREE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
honary

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:00 am    Post subject: STRONG HYMNS FOR TOUGH TIMES THREE Reply with quote

SEVERAL SONGS AND A STORY TO TIE THEM TOGETHER
SING ONE VERSE OF EACH SONG

1. King of My Life
William Kirkpatrick was a musician who loved the Lord and music flowed through him. We will sing a few for which he wrote the music.
2. Jesus Saves
Professor Kirkpatrick was working on a poem one night that he planned to put to music. It was the middle of the night, as usual.
3. A Wonderful Savior Is Jesus My Lord
His wife, sleeping in a nearby bedroom awoke, noticed the study light on and called, "Professor, it's very late, don't you think you'd better come to bed?"
4. Tis' So Sweet To Trust In Jesus
"I'm alright, dear," he replied, " I have a little more work to finish. Go
back to sleep everything is all right."
5. Redeemed How I Love To Proclaim It
She did go back to sleep but awoke again and the study light was still on. When she called, this time, there was no response. When she went in she found he had died and this was the poem he was writing, his last poem under his slumped over body.
6. My Faith Has Found A Resting Place

STAND UP FOR JESUS
He would not stop doing what he knew was right, he preached against slavery. He lost his church. But, the YMCA of Philadelphia began sponsoring a noonday meeting which drew as many as 5000 men.
Sing first verse of Stand Up, Stand Up for Jesus.

Thousands of the men said he was the noblest, and bravest Christian man they had ever known. One Sunday he preached from Ex. 10:11, "Go now you that are men, and serve the Lord, since that is what you have been asking for." Thousands of the men indicated this is what they wanted to do.
Sing the second verse.

During the next week, as a break from studying, the young minister, Rev. Dubley Tyng, took a walk and went to the barn where a mule was going in circles pulling a corn shucker. George reached over to pat the mule on the neck and somehow George's sleeve caught in the equipment and it pulled his arm right out by the roots.
Sing the third verse.
Rev. George Duffield, Jr. was by the bed side of Rev. Tyng and ask him what message did he want to give to the thousands of men who were his Christian brothers and loved and admired him. Tell them, "Let us all stand up for Jesus". Then he died.
The next Sunday Rev. Duffield preached Eph 6:14, "Stand firm....". He ended his sermon with his new hymn which we have been singing.
Sing the fourth verse.

SUNSHINE IN MY SOUL
Worship Leader Introduction to Sunshine In My Soul
Tell me what kind of life would you think the writer of these hymns would have had?
My Faith Has Found A Resting Place
When We All Get To Heaven
Will There Be Any Stars In My Crown
Sunshine In My Soul

The writer was valedictorian of her class, had a deep love for mistreated children, and gave her early years teaching in a special school called Friendless Children School. One day a unruly child struck her in the back and for six months she had to be in a cast. Though the Doctors told her she would never walk again, she did and on a warm spring day, in a park, as she took her walk these words came to here and when she returned home she wrote, ?There is sunshine in my soul today?. She couldn't go back to teaching so she wrote many hymns that still inspire. Let's see what all was in her soul as we sing her song.

THERE IS A FOUNTAIN
YES, MENTALLY DISTURBED, IN AN INSTITUTION AND WRITING A HYMN,
and that?s my story and I would like to share it. Would you sing the first verse, please?
THERE IS A FOUNTAIN verse 1
My life was a disaster. By the time I was six three of my siblings had died. Then, my mother died as did the baby she gave birth to. For a child this is a disaster and I began my mental and emotional troubles.
SECOND VERSE
My father placed me in a school and there a bully pick on me and terrorized me all the time. When my father moved me to another school it was much the same so I threw my Bible away and attempted suicide.
THIRD VERSE
Several of my friends encouraged my father to put me in an asylum which was directed by a strong Christian man who loved poetry. He became a great encouraging friend and I finally accepted Jesus as my Savior though depression haunted me all my life. I am so glad Christ never gives up!
FOURTH VERSE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MySite.com Forum Index -> Hymn Story Dramas All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: