Sermon in Song
Seasonal
   Services
Daily Devotion
Recommend Us
Submit Services
Stats

Who's Online

There are currently, 34 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

MySite.com :: View topic - Scriptures About Worship
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scriptures About Worship

View previous topic :: View next topic  
honary

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Scriptures About Worship Reply with quote

Deut 4:29 But if from there you seek the LORD
your God, you will find him if you look for him
with all your heart and with all your soul.

1 Chron 16:10Glory in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.
11Look to the LORD and his strength;
seek his face always.

Ps 105:3 Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice. 4Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.

Isa 55:6Seek the LORD while he may be found;
call on him while he is near. 7Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will freely pardon.

Acts 17:27God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us.

John 4:23Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."

Isa 57:15For this is what the high and lofty One says-- he who lives forever, whose name is holy: "I live in a high and holy place,but also with him who is contrite and lowly in spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite. 16I will not accuse forever, nor will I always s be angry, for then the spirit of man would grow faint before me--the breath of man that I have created.

Prov 15:8 The LORD detests the sacrifice of the wicked,
but the prayer of the upright pleases him.

Isa 43:21 the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise.

1 Peter 2:9But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

Gen 22: 5He said to his servants, "Stay here with the donkey while I and the boy go over there. We will worship and then we will come back to you."

Ps 29:2 Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name;
worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness.

Ps 29:3The voice of the LORD is over the waters;
the God of glory thunders, the LORD thunders over the mighty waters. 4The voice of the LORD is powerful;
the voice of the LORD is majestic. 5The voice of the LORD breaks the cedars; the LORD breaks in pieces the cedars of Lebanon.

Ps 95:6Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker; 7for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care.

Today, if you hear his voice, 8do not harden your hearts as you did at Meribah, as you did that day at Massah in the desert, 9where your fathers tested and tried me,
though they had seen what I did.

Ps 100:2Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. 3Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. 4Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.
5For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Matt 2:2 Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star in the east and have come to worship him."

Matt 2:10When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. 11On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh

Rom 12:1Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God´s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God-this is your spiritual act of worship. 2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God´s will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Heb 9:14How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God! 15For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance-now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

Heb 12:28Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, 29for our "God is a consuming fire."

[ This message was edited by: Honary on 13-08-2004 22:01 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MySite.com Forum Index -> What is it? All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: