Sermon in Song
Seasonal
   Services
Daily Devotion
Recommend Us
Submit Services
Stats

Who's Online

There are currently, 31 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

MySite.com :: View topic - Coreen Jackson WORSHIP IN THE NEW MILLENIUM edit by H. Max
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coreen Jackson WORSHIP IN THE NEW MILLENIUM edit by H. Max

View previous topic :: View next topic  
honary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Coreen Jackson WORSHIP IN THE NEW MILLENIUM edit by H. Max Reply with quote

Rev. 4:1-6, 8-11, describes an awesome picture of pur and holy worship ...bowing and falling down before the throne of God. God seeks those who will seek His face, those whose hearts will pant after Him, please Him and obey His commands, God is seeking true worshipers.

WORSHIP IN THE NEW MILLENALIUM CALLS FOR:
1. RESTORATION OF REVERENCE AND AWE WHEN WE COME BEFORE GOD. We need a fresh revelation of God. We forget who He is and what He has, is and will do.
2. PURE HEARTS AND CLEAN HANDS. Psalms 24 "Who shall ascent into the hill of the Lord? Or who shall stand in His holy place?" The response, "He that has clean hands and a pure heart..."
3. NOT JUST LIP SERVICE. "These people come near to me with their mouth
and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.
4. A CELEBRATION OF JESUS. John 12:32 "But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself."
5. A GREAT DEGREE OF INTIMACY WITH GOD THE FATHER AND GOD OUR BROTHER.
John 12:32 "But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself."
PS 34:18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
ISA 40:11 He tends his flock like a shepherd:
He gathers the lambs in his arms
and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young.
JN 15:9 "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.
JN 21:20 Peter turned and saw that the disciple whom Jesus loved was following them. (This was the one who had leaned back against Jesus at the supper ...)
6. AN EXPRESSION OF OUR LOVE FOR CHRIST BOTH PRIVATELY AND PUBLICLY. When our love for God is no secret, it becomes an outward demonstration of an inward affection. Think about when you first fell in love--you expressed your love for each other privately and publicly and didn´t care who saw you ... what if our worship experiences, both personal and corporate were like this? What a difference it woudl make in our lives and in our witness.
7. AN INCREASE IN OUR PRAYER LIFE. Lovers talk, share, commune together, listen to each other and carry out each other´s requests. It is no different when we pray for we are sharing our love for and with God. God wants us to verbalize what´s on our hearts to Him and He wants to give us directions as to what to do, where to go and how to accomplish certain goals or tasks.
8. A FRESH IN DEPTH STUDY OF THE WORD OF GOD. The Bible is God´s love letters to us. He wants us to know Him, His person hood, His promises, His purpose and His plans for our lives.
PS 95:6 Come, let us bow down in worship,
let us kneel before the LORD our Maker;
7 for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture,
the flock under his care.
Today, if you hear his voice, harden not your hearts...

Make these your goals in worship and those for whom you are responsible.

[ This message was edited by: Honary on 17-08-2004 22:46 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MySite.com Forum Index -> What is it? All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: