Sermon in Song
Seasonal
   Services
Daily Devotion
Recommend Us
Submit Services
Stats

Who's Online

There are currently, 47 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

MySite.com :: View topic - GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU....J.C. PENNEY
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU....J.C. PENNEY

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU....J.C. PENNEY Reply with quote

DEPRESSION DAYS!

Oh, they were tough days in 1929 when businesses where crashing everywhere. People had no money, no food, no place to stay. I was one of those business men and I became so depressed and burdened that shingles took over my entire body and tranquilizers and drugs made it worse. Hospital help didn?t help. You will recognize my name, I am J. C. Penney and I wanted to die.

One day I heard a song coming from the chapel it said, ?Be not dismayed whatever betide, God will take care of you."? I went into the chapel and listen to the rest of the song and scriptures and suddenly something happen. I can not explain but all the worry left me.
I felt I went from the darkness of a dungeon into warm, brilliant sunlight. These were the greatest 20 minutes of my life. Let Him take care of you!

Where did this hymn come from? A pastor, Rev. Martin was to preach one Sunday for a church a little ways from home. When he got up his wife was sick so he was thinking about canceling his plans. His young child piped up and said: "Daddy, you don't have to stay home, God will take care of us."?

Well, Martin got on the train, preached, returned home and when he came in his wife handed him these words, which Rev. Martin took to the little organ and composed the music.

SING THE SONG...

REMEMBER IT EVERY MOMENT OF EVERY DAY,
THE TRINITY IS
WITHIN YOU!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MySite.com Forum Index -> Hymn Story Dramas All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: