Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:37 am Post subject: ONE MORE TIME...BEFORE YOU START...DR GREEN
1. You will never spend too much time in planning worship for God?s people and for God! It is good to know 5-6 weeks in advance what specials you will be doing. Gives time for rehearsals and accompanist. When people are uptight the Holy Spirit has a hard time working.
2. WORSHIP PLANNING MUST BE A PRIORITY!
3. BE OPEN to suggestions and comments from the congragtion....they are the ones you are to help worship. ASK, ASK, ASK!
4. The spirit of the staff, the accompanist, the special music singers, the sound man, and the choir must be Holy! Communication must flow freely between all! The worship service impacts the whole week, all of the people, and every area of the church ministry.
5. Be flexible! Be open! God may speak to you through unusal folks. He used a donkey once. BE HUMBLE, someone else might have a great idea.
6. Remember whose in the congregation and provide worship expressions for each. A little "old" and a little "new".
7. Expect results....as you pray for results...
as you visit in the outreach program for results...
8. The other side of planning is evalutating.
GIVE PLENTY OF TIME FOR IT AND USE LOTS OF PEOPLE. Accompanist, choir members, none musical folks, staff and the Lord! You might want to hand out an evaluation sheet.
9. The service needs excitment and quiet, soft and loud, fast and slow, happy and still.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum