Sermon in Song
Seasonal
   Services
Daily Devotion
Recommend Us
Submit Services
Stats

Who's Online

There are currently, 40 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

MySite.com :: View topic - FANNY CROSBY AND HER STORY 6 HYMNS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FANNY CROSBY AND HER STORY 6 HYMNS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
honary

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: FANNY CROSBY AND HER STORY 6 HYMNS Reply with quote

FANNY CROSBY
Close your eyes and keep them closed.
Now, just suppose you have never seen a thing in your life.
No sunrise sunset butterfly rainbow rose
Your mother's or father's face.
Never seen your spouse, or your child.

KEEP YOUR EYES CLOSED

SUPPOSE YOU:
Accomplished 12 years at a school for the blind.
You memorized the first four BOOKS of the Bible, Psalms, the FOUR gospels, much more.
You became a teacher at the school for the blind for years.
You are just over 40 when a friend plays a new song for you and ask you what it says.
You say.... Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.
Her friend begins to write the words as fast as they were spoken and Fanny Crosby gives her the new gospel song Blessed Assurance.
BLESSED ASSURANCE

One day Fanny had a desperate need for money and she had none. The rent was due. What was she going to do? She began to pray and suddenly there was a knock at the door. When she opened it a person put money in her hand and praise God it was exactly what she needed! As she sat down the words of our next songs flashed through her mind.
ALL THE WAY MY SAVIOR LEADS ME

Fanny spoke every week to a large group of men at a YMCA. This particular time,as she spoke, she was under the impression that there was a young man in the group who had wondered away from his mother and was living a terrible life. So, she pleaded with them all that if this was the case with any one, please come to me after the service. Sure enough a young man comes and says, ?Do you mean me? I promised my mother I would see her in heaven but it won't happen the way I have lived. They talked and prayed and he got up from his knees and said,?I will now meet my mother in heaven, I have found God. Years latter an older man came to her and reminded her of this happening and thanked her. She wrote our next song as fast as her friend could write it:
RESCUE THE PERISHING

Another song she wrote makes it difficult for us to accept how we respond when the bad things happen in our life. As you sing this song remember she never saw a single thing in her life of 90+ years and wonder if you can always say....

TO GOD BE THE GLORY GREAT THINGS HE HAS DONE
Over and over, people would bring the music already written to her and ask her to develop words for them. She wrote somewhere between 8000-9000 gospel songs. Her dear friend, a great musician, came to her with a new song he had written and he played it through. Her face lifted up, she knelt and prayed, as she always did, then she began to say the words and he wrote them done. This hymn is the reality of her life.
HE HIDETH MY SOUL

A minister once said to her, ?I think it is a great pity that the Master, when He showered so many gifts upon you did not give you sight.

?Do you know" replied Fanny, ?If at birth I had been able to make one petition to my Creator, it would have been that I should be born blind.
?Born blind, why?" the surprised minister said.
?Because when I get to heaven, the first sight that I shall ever see with my glad eyes will be that of my Savior."?
SOLO MY SAVIOR FIRST OF ALL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MySite.com Forum Index -> Hymn Story Dramas All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: