Sermon in Song
Seasonal
   Services
Daily Devotion
Recommend Us
Submit Services
Stats

Who's Online

There are currently, 45 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

MySite.com :: View topic - STRONG HYMNS FOR TOUGH TIMES FOUR
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STRONG HYMNS FOR TOUGH TIMES FOUR

View previous topic :: View next topic  
honary

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:05 am    Post subject: STRONG HYMNS FOR TOUGH TIMES FOUR Reply with quote

THERE?S ROOM AT THE CROSS
MONOLOGUE
I was a troubled young man and I had a gun in my pocket. My plan was to go to a local very high bridge. I was going to climb as high as I could, shoot himself, and then fall into the river below. My life was empty. I was in deep despair.

As I walked toward the bridge I passed a church and heard someone singing the words, ?THERE'S ROOM AT THE CROSS FOR YOU? . I stopped, listen and was gripped by the words. I struggled with what to do. Then I went in- side a church and there in the service I found Christ as my Savior. My life was not only saved but it was totally changed as Christ called me into the ministry and I ministered for Him the rest of my life.
SING AS A SOLO

TIS SO SWEET TO TRUST IN JESUS
MONOLOGUE

It seems like it was just yesterday, the agony for my daughter and the pain for myself, even though I have now been back on the mission field for years.

Several years ago, my husband and I, with our 4 year old daughter, returned to the states from the mission field, to study and rest. It was a rough long summer. So, we decided to take a break and go to the beach for a picnic and some fun. The three of us relaxed, swam, played and ate. It was great.

Suddenly we heard the cry of a child from far out in the ocean. My husband immediately ran, dove into the water and swam quickly to the child. But, somehow, as it happens sometimes, the child pulled my husband under the water and they both drowned. (Long pause) My daughter and I stood there in shock, tears flowing, hearts breaking and in total disbelieve. No, God, no! We are your missionaries!!!!

It was a long time before my daughter could sleep without screaming in the night. I couldn?t sleep either and I continued to cry out to God who we loved so much. Why, heavenly Father, why? Night after night I would go to sleep with empty arms and a broken heart. Yet, I knew I was in the arms of God.

Our situation got worse because I had no money coming in and poverty was knocking at the door. One morning I went, weeping, to sit on the porch because there was no food and no money in the house. I didn?t know what I was going to do, the rent was due. When I open the door there were bags and bags of groceries and money stuck in them.

Oh, but God, not only gave us food and money, when I got it all put away, He gave me new song deep within my heart and as fast as I could write it, God gave me word after word ???.(sing it)

UNDER HIS WINGS
William Cushing had a God filled, Christ lead, Holy Spirit inspired minister as a pastor for several years and most in large churches where they loved him as the minister. He felt and knew it was God's will for his life.
Then suddenly, he could hardly talk. Pastoring was gone! His life shattered.
But, God was not through with him yet. He discovered a new gift and he wrote over 300 loving inspired hymns that continued his ministry as they inspired and influence people for years. As one person was inspired they inspired others and his ministry grew beyond his imagination.
SCRIPTURES BETWEEN VERSES PS. 17:8, 36:7, 57:1, 91:4

I WILL SING OF MY REDEEMER
How this hymn was found will amaze you. As a staff of churches and working with many evangelist in revival Philip Bliss blessed many people with his great hymns. Here are a few?Words and Music?Wonderful Words of Life?Once For All?Whosoever Will May Come
Music?It Is Well With My Soul?I Gave My Life For Thee
Finally, in 1876, he took time off and went to his folks home for Christmas with his wife and two little children. While there he received a telegram asking him to come sing in Chicago at the Moody Tabernacle. On December 29th he and his wife, in the middle of a terrible snow storm, boarded a train for Chicago. Three hours later the train went off the bride and plunged 75 feel into a pit below.

Philip survived the crash but his wife, Lucy, was inside and flames broke out. Everyone tried to keep Philip from going back into the train, but he yelled, ?If I cannot save her, I will perish with her.? AND HE DID.

Several days later their trunk arrived from Chicago. In the trunk was his last song that nobody had seen, ?I Will Sing of My Redeemer?. He has continued to sing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MySite.com Forum Index -> Hymn Story Dramas All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: