Sermon in Song
Seasonal
   Services
Daily Devotion
Recommend Us
Submit Services
Stats

Who's Online

There are currently, 48 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

MySite.com :: View topic - TOUGH HYMNS FOR TOUGH TIMES SECTION 5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TOUGH HYMNS FOR TOUGH TIMES SECTION 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
honary

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:24 am    Post subject: TOUGH HYMNS FOR TOUGH TIMES SECTION 5 Reply with quote

FACE TO FACE
An almost empty jelly dish inspired the writing of a music for this hymn, isn?t that something. Grant Tuller was handed the jelly dish and he explained, ?So this is all for me?? Suddenly the words brought a song to his mind, ?All for Me?, and he left the table and went to the piano where he wrote the melody and several verses.

Well, the next morning God stepped in with His plan. The mailman delivered a letter from Mrs. Frank A Beck which had several poems and the first one fit the music to the hymn he wrote the night before. (If at all possible, have a picture of Christ in front of the pulpit, or hand out some small pictures as the congregation comes in. Have a soloist sing the first verse and the folks look at the picture of Jesus and have them think about what they will do the first time they come ?Face to Face With Christ?. It might be testamony time.

IN THE SWEET BY AND BY
Joseph Webster fought depression. One day Fillmore Bennet ask him, ?What is the matter?? Joseph answered, ?It doesn?t matter, it will be alright by and by.? For some reason ?by and by? rang out in Fillmore?s mind like a flash of lightning and quickly he wrote the words to the three verses and the chorus of ?Sweet By and By?. Joseph?s depression left immediately and he sat down and wrote the music quickly. The two began to sing the new song and then two friends joined them and another person made the comment, ?That hymn is immortal?.

I NEED THEE EVERY HOUR
Yes, this was exactly how this mother of 37 years of age believed. The words came to here very quickly and she fully possessed them in her live little knowing that someday they would even be more needed.

Annie Hawkins gift from God for herself and others grew dynamically when her husband died just sixteen years later and then she knew even better how much God?s words meant to others. She wrote about this and said that God knew she would need this comfort. Perhaps, you do, too.
(Here is a suggestion for singing this hymn so you can sing all five verses. Sing all the verses, first, without the refrain, and then sing the refrain twice. First, with the instruments, and then sing it without them.)

NOTHING BETWEEN
This is an amazing story about the writer of this hymn. His parents were slaves and he was taken from them when he was five years old. There was little change that he would receive education but by being very creative by 17 he could read and write.

Then he began night school and went on to complete seminary and started to preach. God continued to bless and use him mightily. Here is how much! The church where he once was the janitor, a very prestigious church, called him as their pastor. He began to grow and they had to build a new large building. All or this because he lived what he wrote, ?Nothing between my Lord and my Savior?. Grant Tuller put Romans 12:1-2 into full living and serving.

NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD
Being a part of the Christian faith, learning God?s Word, takes a lot of studying and understanding and thank goodness He has given us the Holy Spirit to be our teacher. But, He has also given us some beautiful and simple hymns and one of those is this hymn. It is simple in the music for it only has a five note melody range and only two chords are used. Then,
The same phrase is used nine times, ?Nothing but the blood of Jesus?. But, oh how true that is!
Here is a suggestion for singing this hymn?ECHO
Left side of sanctuary sing ...
What can wash away my sin?
Right side echo, Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
Left side of sanctuary sing
What can make me whole again?
Right side echo,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
ALL SING THE REFRAIN TOGETHER ?
DO ALL THE VERSES THIS WAY

SAVED, SAVED
Matthew 1:21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give Him the name Jesus, because HE will save HIS people from their sins."
SING THE FIRST VERSE
READ 1 TIM 2:3-4
SING THE SECOND VERSE
READ ROMANS 10:13
SING THE THIRD VERSE
READ EPH 2:8-9
AFTER THE THIRD VERSE
ALL SAY TOGETHER JOHN 3:16

THE SOLID ROCK
?The truths I have been preaching
I can now live upon
And they?ll do very well to die upon.?
Surely the one who said this was a person with a strong Christian up bringing. Well, not so!
His parents lived in a bad part of down and rented out rooms making it a ?public house? and sin there abounded. He roamed the not-to-reputable streets and learned the language and habits of the evil community.

His description of his Sabbath was, ?My Sabbaths were spent in the street at play. So ignorant was I that I did not know there was a God.?
But then this godless youth began to realize the bad foundation of his life and finally made a public profession of faith and was baptized. The Bible became the center of his life and he studied it all the time. Growing in his faith he surrendered to the ministry and many were saved under his leadership. Look at what Christ can do to give our lives a solid foundation!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MySite.com Forum Index -> Hymn Story Dramas All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: