Sermon in Song
Seasonal
   Services
Daily Devotion
Recommend Us
Submit Services
Stats

Who's Online

There are currently, 32 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

MySite.com :: View topic - Ideas...Opening...Prayers....Hymns....On and on
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ideas...Opening...Prayers....Hymns....On and on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MySite.com Forum Index -> Worship Service Idea's
View previous topic :: View next topic  
honary

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Ideas...Opening...Prayers....Hymns....On and on Reply with quote

IDEAS for worship

CALL TO WORSHIP THOUGHTS…
No matter the size of your church, and whether you have a choir or not, somehow the congregation must be called to worship. They may not have thought of God all week though they have talked about Him but not to Him, and here they are “to worship”. They may have walked through deep sorrow, or great joy and somehow you must turn their minds to the presence of God. So, we must prepare them to be sensitive to God’s presence with an open heart to the love of Christ, and a conscious of the Holy Spirit and His convicting power. Our call to worship should cause a burning hearts desire, reflected in a seeking spirit, to encounter God through Christ.
1. Music
2. Prayer
3. Scripture
4. Solo instrument or vocal
5. Stillness
6. Praise
7. Directed to look upward through words of praise songs, scripture or prayer.
8. Directed to look inward through the same instruments.
9. Different ages helping all to prepare. What would a child, a single mother, a widow say to God about preparation for worship.
Whatever you use, it can’t be the same week after week, so everyone knows what is going to happen and no one is called into the spirit of worship. Didn’t help you much did I? God will! It’s His church and He knows what He wants done and He placed YOU there, so He will direct you!

HYMN USE Ideas…
A verse can be sung by a soloist, maybe someone in the congregation or someone that no one can see. Example: A child singing a verse of A Child of the King, or a Sr. Adult singing a verse of On Jordan’s Stormy Banks I Stand, or someone who has just lost a loved one singing, It Is Well With My Soul.

Read a verse of the hymn, or a scripture passage between verses, while the accompanist continue to play.

According to the meaning of the words, have the men sing a verse and then the women a verse. Example, When I Survey, the men sing the 2nd verse and the ladies sing the 3rd verse.

Do not sing the chorus till all the verses are sung, then sing it. You might want to sing it twice and depending on the words, have a different volume and tempo the second time.

Use a praise song to introduce or following a hymn. Example: No Other Name But the Name of Jesus, add a C#, and go into All Hail the Power of Jesus Name. I Stand Amazed closed by O How He Loves You and Me. Or, There is A Name I Love to Hear, closed by Jesus Loves Me.

Between verses, have testimonies about what the hymn has meant to them. Example, Standing On the Promises, or Saved, Saved, Saved, or, It Is Well.

Tell the story about the writing of the hymn. This can be done before or during the singing of the hymn.

Modulate on the last verse to give it fullness.

Sing the hymn in tempo reflecting the words and theme, being sure not to sing every hymn at the same tempo. Be sensitive that some verses can be sung at different tempos and volume because of the words.

A free accompaniment, while the congregation sings in unison, adds greatly to the meaning of the words. Example, Victory In Jesus.

An obligato part played by an solo instrument. Different instruments accompany different verses.

A visual presentation of the words of the hymn or the story about the writing of the hymn through, drama, sign language, video tape, or slides.

Hymn medleys on the same theme are great and most hymnals have a list of them. On the next page you will find so two song medleys in the Baptist Hymnal. An easy way to make a medley, without having to have everyone turn to the hymn in the hymnal, is to sing something they all know, maybe just the chorus.

All verses do not have to be sung, only those which help emphasis the theme of the service.

Repeat the final words of a hymn. Example, Blessed Redeemer, where the words are, “dying for me.” So you would sing them three times, each time softer, and the last time unaccompanied.

Make sure that different styles of hymns are used:
Subjective What A Friend Objective To God Be The Glory
Exciting Saved, Saved Calming I Need Thee Every Hour

Be sure that you sometimes you choose songs that sing to God not just about God and be sure the worshippers understand what they are doing.

Begin the service with the choir in the congregation. One of the choir members begins the hymn, at a given point another member stands and joins in, then another, and finally, as they move toward the choir loft the whole choir is singing. Perhaps even the congregation.

BIBLE READING Ideas…
Use different ages to do the Bible presentations. Children, youth and all ages of adults. You might have
a child and their parent or a husband and wife together with one doing the Bible reading and the
other the prayer.

Do responsive readings in different ways such as between the choir and the congregation, ladies and men,
or several people of differing ages in different places of the congregation.

You might dramatize the scripture. Examples, prodigal son, woman at the well, or Paul in prison.

Have the worshippers read the scripture silently while a solo instrument plays something that matches the words also has a great impact.

Use a testimony before or after the about the scripture or how it has guided their life.

Having a person in biblical costume doing a reading of a Psalm or other passage can bring the passage alive.

PRAYER-Creative Approach…
The use of a song for the prayer can be creative.

A testimony from a person whose life has been changed by prayer and then have them pray.

Having silent prayers but giving specific things that all are to pray about.

Different persons ask to pray for different things, praying one after another, and the pastor will end the prayer time.

Ask the congregation to get into small groups to pray.

Have a child lead all in prayer.

Dramatize a prayer from the scripture. The Publican and the sinner, Jesus in the garden, etc.

The Lord’s Prayer presented by a drama group.

Pray for a family each week and as you do have them come to the front of the worship center. Be sensitive to any family or person going through terrible times in their life and make it their week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MySite.com Forum Index -> Worship Service Idea's All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: