Sermon in Song
Seasonal
   Services
Daily Devotion
Recommend Us
Submit Services
Stats

Who's Online

There are currently, 47 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here

MySite.com :: View topic - HE KEEPS ME SINGING
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HE KEEPS ME SINGING

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: HE KEEPS ME SINGING Reply with quote

HE KEEPS ME SINGING

Monolog
I will try to get through this testimony without becoming to emotional. My name is Luther Bridgers. I began to preach at the age of 17, serving the Lord with all my might. I began to serve Him not only as a pastor, but also as an evangelist and church planner. Oh, the Lord blessed His ministry and He blessed me with an awesome wife and three great little boys.

When I was 26 I took my family to my wife's family's home in Harrodsburg, Kentucky. I had a preaching trip so they were going to stay there.

One night, the neighbor noticed a glow in his room, he looked out the window, and my in-laws home was a blaze. My in-laws escaped but my wife and our three boys all burned to death.

How do you preach after you experience such grieve? I suffered almost suicidal depression, but I began to remember scriptures from the Lord about the songs in the night:

`Where is God my Maker, who gives songs in the night, Job 35:10

"By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me--a prayer to the God of my life". Ps 42:8

Let the saints rejoice in this honor and sing for joy on their beds.
Ps 149:5

Several months later the verse of this song came to me.
Everyone sing this the 4th verse...Yes it isn't the first verse but this is the verse he thought of first.

(You might use these passages, or have different people in the congregation stand up and read them.)
GOD WITH US
[i]"The God of peace be with you all. Amen."
Rom 15:32-16:1

CHRIST WITH US
And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
Matt 28:20

Sing first verse.

HOLY SPIRIT AND CHRIST WITH US
"If you love me, you will obey what I command. 16And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever- 17the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
John 14:15-18

Sing 3rd verse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MySite.com Forum Index -> Hymn Story Dramas All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: